how to split horizontally in win 7? I just changed the new operating system and still not familiar with it. Who can tell me how to split horizontally in win 7? I'm appreciate for your help.Asked Oct, 23 2010
First, you'll need to make sure your windows are not "maximized" to fill the screen. To do so for a window that IS maximized, click the "Restore" button near the upper-right corner of the window:
After that, all you need to do is grab the edges of your windows and resize them, and grab the title bar to move them around. You can arrange them any way you like.
If, specifically, you'd like to have two application windows tiled on your screen, so each is occupying half the screen, one on the left and one on the right, here's how you can use the new Windows 7 Aero Snap (Docking) feature to get two of them side by side, left and right:
1. Open the first application.
2. Ensure it is not maximized by pressing the "Restore" button (noted above). It will grow smaller and you'll be able to see the desktop around it.
3. Now move your mouse to the title bar at the top of the window, click the mouse and drag that window to the left edge of the screen. Keep dragging until the mouse reaches the edge of the screen and you'll see the outline of the window jump out to the center of the screen. Let up the mouse button. The application will now be automatically sized to fill only half the screen.
4. Repeat steps 1 and 2 with the second application.
5. Drag it, as in step 3, but this time to the RIGHT side of the screen.
Voila, two windows tiled side by side on your screen. Drag them off the edge again and they will return to their original size and shape.
FYI, the Aero Snap setting needs to be enabled (which is the default) in order for the above to work:
No, the RC will expire and begin to restart every 2 hours. Also, the RC is not the final product. It is close to the finished product but is still not quite there.Answered Feb, 20 2010
Search for Related Topics
win 7 system logo change compaq win 7 ubuntu 12.4 change boot order win 7 system proction dos n5040 win 7 system freezing win 7 defrag reserved system disk weather gadget win 7 data operation long motogp3 urt split screen win 7 booting umbrella systems win 7 oberthur card systems win 7 driver haw win 7 ghost image system ppr split div horizontal partitioning win 7 system log error pbadrv
Related Unresolved Questions
2007 activate changing default pane reviewing vertical view word daily sl4u de dimelthoz editor itiner rios create ms table visio c#.ppt date time 7 deleted history internet view windows proxy settings unlock