i think it may have change any data already in IE or registry. it's a kind of Hetspy i guess
ONE: i recommend u Virus.Killer
(how to remove shortcut virus; remove shortcut virus; shortcut virus removal tool
here an example:Microsoft.lnk Shortcut Virus? Worm:PIF/Starter.A
Answered Aug, 08 2010
They are many names for this virus but the most common
is “the shortcut virus”. Its capable of “disappearing” our
folder and “appearing” it into shortcut.
The first thing NOT to do is to FORMAT your flash drive.
Rumors says that this virus is just a prank..
So that unwise user will think they files all gone!
Your file is NOT gone or corrupted, its just HIDDEN.
Follow these steps (if you are using windows..):
1) open your infected drive directory (example: drive F:)
2) open tool, folder option, view tab
3) click “show hidden files & folders”
4) UNCLICK both “Hide extension for known file type” and
“Hide protected operating system files (recommended)”
5) If there is a warning, just click yes
/* Now you should be able to see your lost file (its in transparent folder)*/
6) Enter the hidden folder, CUT all your file and PASTE it inside a new folder. (repeat this step for your other folder too)
7) Delete all old folders that is empty and also the annoying 1kB shortcut folder. (also any suspicious folder or icon such as desktop.ini, thumb.db etc that might be virus)
Dont forget to undo step 2 and 3 if your done.
/*if you’re infected by this virus again in the future, i recommend you to put all your files and folder in just ONE folder inside your external device.(so you dont have to repeat step 6 so many time)*/
Answered Sep, 25 2010
Search for Related Topics
remove lnk virus laptop remove the1kb virus laptop remove genieo virus laptop remove lnk virus usb remove ink virus usb usb shortcut virus remover symantec remove shortcut virus usb ubuntu remove usb recycler copy shortcut virus dos 100kb file shortcut virus lnk virus windows 7 mcfaee unfreeze window 7 virus virus superfetch windows 7
Related Unresolved Questions