Although NTFS is more secure and fast, but sometimes you need to convert NTFS to FAT32 if you want to use other system, such as DOS system?
1. You need to Download PowerQuest PartitionMagic 8.0 and install it.
2. Running PowerQuest PartitionMagic
3. Right-click on the disk partition you want to convert and choose "Convert" from the context menu.
4. Select "FAT32" and Click "OK"
5. A warning dialog opens. Just click OK.
6. Click Apply button at the left bottom corner. Then it will begin to convert NTFS to FAT32.
If you need to convert Primry Partition,PartitionMagic need to restart your computer.
I installed Windows 7, and the other partitions in my hard disk are FAT32 file system, I want to convert these partitions from FAT32 to NTFS, how can I convert FAT32 or FAT partitions to NTFS without lost data in Windows 7?
FAT32 is more advanced than FAT12 and FAT16. But if you compare FAT32 and NTFS, you may find that NTFS file system has several improvements over FAT32.
so many times you need to convert Fat32 to NTFS.
Compared with FAT (File Allocation Table), NTFS file system has many advantages, such as compression, local file access permissions, enhanced support to large partitions, fault tolerance, etc. However, you may encounter some compatibility problems while using earlier versions Windows to access the partition. This tutorial will show you the steps to Convert NTFS volume to FAT partition without data loss.
Related Unresolved Questions