You want to create a mirror image effect of a photo but you don't know how to do, well, this tutorial will guide how to create by yourself with Adobe Photoshop.
- Here is the photo I will use in this tutorial, the photo is 450*300 pixels.
Photoshop Mirror effect: Source photo
- Open the photo in Photoshop. Create a new file with a suitable width and height, here I set it 500*300 pixels. Then, copy the photo to the new file work place.
Mirror Effect: Copy image
- Create a vertical guide line (View -> New Guide...) in the center of the new file with a position of 250 px.
Mirror Effect: Create vertical guide line
- Then, drag the photo layer to create a copy layer, then the new layer's name will be "photo copy".
Mirror Effect: Create copy layer
- Select "photo copy" in the "LAYERS" panel, and then go to "Edit -> Transform -> Flip Horizontal".
Mirror Effect: Flip horizontal copy layer
- Then drag the "photo copy" layer to the left side.
Mirror Effect drag copy layer
- Select "Rectangular Marquee Tool" and select the right side of the "photo copy" as below, then click "Delete" to delete the selection.
Mirror Effect: Select the right side
- Finally, clear the guide line (View -> Clear Guides), and the mirror effect was completed.
Mirror Effect completed
- You can also use this tutorial to create mirror effect for your own photos or your family and friends'!
You want to add fog effect to your photo or image so that it will be more fantasy. This tutorial will tell how to create fog effect for photo or image. Just follow the steps!
I know that there are many softwares can add mirror effect to pictures, such as photoshop, Paint in windows. However,not every one wants to install third-party software. Is there any Web site to add mirror effect to pictures?
I am a video editing fan and I am making a video recently, but some problems encountered in the process of editing. I want to add a mirror effect in some scenes to make a effect of comparative.Any help is appreciated.
Related Unresolved Questions