Such users are not quite used to the Windows Media Player 12, you can take the following steps to downgrade it to Windows Media Player 11.
- First you should open your start menu and then type "services.msc" on windows 7 search bar.
- Stop the Windows Media Player network Sharing Service.
- Take Ownership of following files
All files in "Program Files\Windows Media Player\" folder
All files starting with "wmp" in System32 folder
wmploc.dll.mui in "Sytem32\en-us\" folder
- Download Windows Media Player 11 Installer for Windows 7 from. http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/player/11/default.aspx
- Now Run Windows Media Player 11 Installer.
- Now type "regedit" on Start Menu Search bar.
- Delete following Registry key.
(Don’t forget to take Backup of Registry before modifying/editing/deleting any registry key)
- Reboot your Windows 7.
Various codecs and plugins need to be installed when we play videos with Windows Media Play due to its inability to play popular video formats. However, you may find that Windows Media player easily failed to function properly after installing some codecs or plugins,
Have you faced any issues or got any error message while running Windows Media Player? It's a piece of a cake to fix it by yourself with Fix WMP. This freeware portable app re-registers all the concerned Windows Media dll files required for the smooth functioning of Windows Media Player.
I use windows 7 system for a few days and I configure windows media player 12 to display subtitles when I play an DVD. But I find the video image flickers every time that a new line of subtitle is displayed. So I want to fix windows media player 12 video flickering on windows 7, but the problem is how to do that.
Related Unresolved Questions