Windows 7 Disk Defragmenter is set to run on a automatic schedule by default, you may want to modify the configuration of the schedule, or you just Defragment the disk manually and want to disable the disk defragmentation schedule. Here is how to turn the schedule on or off.
- Click on the Start menu and Click on All Programs, then Accessories, System Tools, and Disk Defragmenter.
- Usually the Defragmentation schedule is turned on by default, check the information.
Click on Configure schedule if you want to turn it off or edit the configurations.
- Check Run on a schedule (recommended) to keep the schedule on.
You can modify the Frequency, Day, Time and Disks of the schedule with the pull-down menus.
Press OK to save changes.
- To turn off the schedule, uncheck the box in front of Run on a schedule (recommended), then press OK.
- If the schedule is off, you should see this window,
To turn on Disk Defragmenter schedule, click on the Turn on schedule...button, then see step 3..
You can use Windows 7 backup and restore to assure your data security, but you may think you don't need to do it in this way, or, the automatic backup schedule occupies too much place in your disk drive, you want to turn the schedule off.
I just start to use windows 7 system, and I want to optimize my system, so I want to know how to disable or enable notification at low disk space in windows 7. I hope someone can help me.
As everybody knows, using the Windows+L keys together will lock your workstation running Windows 7. I hear we also can disable this function by using a registry hack, so I want to know how to enable or disable windows+L keys function in windows 7.
Related Unresolved Questions