Windows Media Center is a powerful function in Windows 7, you can organize all your multi-media resources,including music, vedio, picture,etc. But you may want to disable Windows Media Center to protect something, and enable Windows Media Center again when you need it.
- Click on start menu, type gpedit.msc in the search line then you will see
- Click on gpedit to open the Local Group Policy Editor window, and then click on in the left pane to
expand User Configuration, Administrative Templates, Windows Components, windows Media Center,
you should see Do not allow Windows Media Center to run in the right pane.
- Right click on Do not allow Windows Media Center to run in the right pane, then click on edit.Now you should see the setting window,
- Do NOTICE the setting is started with "Do not", so read the information in the below right pane.
Choose Enabled to disable Windows Media Center.
Choose Disabled or Not Configured to enable Windows Media Center.
Then press OK to save your changes.
- This will be the message when you try to start Windows Media Center after you enabled the setting (which means you disabled Windows Media Center).
Windows Media Player allows to view music and videos directly online, sometimes you may show special love on your media player' current setting and do not want to have any change; in other cases you might hope to update current version to a new one, this paper tells you how to complete it automatically in Windows Media Player.
When I use Windows Media Player 12 to enjoy a movie, the system screensaver will appear after a period of time, so I have to move the mouse or press a key on the keyboard to stop the screensaver. Is there anyway that can stop the screensaver from starting?
To completely uninstall the Windows Media Center is hard work, the best choice for you is to disable it, then you will no longer bothered by this kind of thing. Here the following steps can easily help you out.
Related Unresolved Questions