When I try to run DOS programs or games in Windows,A 16-bit Windows subsystem error occured.I thik missing or damaged system files or a missing default printer can cause the errors.But how to fix this error?Is there any way to avoid this error?
- Reinstall the program.
- If you still get an error, click the Windows "Start" button. Go to "Control Panel" and choose "Printers." Make sure there is a default printer with a name that contains fewer than eight characters.
- Right-click the icon for the program which is giving an error. Select "Properties" .Click the "Advanced" button and check the "Run in Separate Memory Space" box.
- Put your Windows installation CD in your CD drive. Click the "Start" button. Click "Run." Then type "cmd".
- Type "expand D:\i386\config.nt_ c:\windows\system32\config.nt". After the command runs, repeat the command to expand the "autoexec.nt," and "command.com" files.
- Start the program that is guving an error. If you still get 16-bit Windows subsystem error, browse to the "Windows" folder and open the "System32" folder . Right-click the "config.nt" file and select "Open With." Browse to "Notepad."
- Check the "config.nt" to be sure it contains the following 3 lines: "dos=high, umb," "device=%SYSTEMROOT%\system32\himem.sys" and
"files=40." If any of the lines are missing, type them into the file and save the file.
- Open the "autoexec.nt" file. Make sure it has three lines that each start with "lh %SYSTEMROOT%\system32\" and end with "mscdexnt.exe," "redir" and
"dosx," respectively. The file should also contain the line "SET BLASTER=A220 I5 D1 P330 T3." If any of these lines are missing, enter them and save the file.
I use windows 7 system for a few days, and when I want to go into hibernate on my computer, I encounter the error: "STOP 0×000000A0 INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR (0×0000000B, 0x????????, 0x????????, 0x????????)". I am not sure what happens, so I want to fix windows 7 hibernation error. I hope someone can help me.
I'm using Windows 7, yesterday I want to use sfc command for system file checking. Strangely, I received a warning message that said "Windows Resource Protection Could Not Start the Repair Service". What's the matter? How to Fix SFC command error in Windows 7?
I'm using Windows 7, a few days ago I was infected with the rootkit TDSS which resulted in redirects in all web browsers to affiliate sites. After recovering from the attack, my Windows Update does work at all, it displays "Error 0x80072ee2". How's that? Please help me fix the Windows Update problems.
Related Unresolved Questions