Do you know you can get page numbers in Microsoft Excel as in Microsoft Word? Especially, when you print a worksheet , you may want number pages . You can insert page numbers in the headers or footers of the worksheet pages. Take Microsoft Excel 2010 for example. Then I will introduce how to insert page numbers on a single or multiple worksheets.
- Open the Excel document which you want to add page numbers.
- If you want to insert page numbers in a single worksheet, just select one like this.
- If you want to select multiple worksheets, select one, hold "Ctrl" key and then select other sheets.
- Then you will get the view like this. Then "Group" appears in the title bar at the top of the worksheet.
- If you want to cancel a selection of multiple worksheets in a workbook, right click the tab of a selected sheet, and then click "Ungroup Sheets" on the shortcut menu.
- Well, go back to insert page numbers. You need to go to "Page Layout" > "PageSetup". Then click the launcher.
- Select "Header/Footer" panel in the dialog box. And click "Custom Header" or "Custom Footer" button.
- Then in the "Header" dialog box, select one section "Left", "Center", "Right" for the header text.
- Click the "Insert Page Number" button and then The placeholder "&[Page]" appears in the section like this.
- If you also want to add the total number of pages, type a space after "&[Page]", type the word "of" followed by a space and then click the "Insert Number of Pages" button. Also you can see "&[Page] of &[Pages]" appears.
- Click "OK" later.
- Click "OK" to close "Page Setup" window.
- Well, you can see the header with page numbers as follows.
Page beaks are dividers that break a worksheet into separate pages for printing. Microsoft Excel inserts automatic page breaks . But sometimes, we need to use our own page breaks with customized paper size, margin settings, scale options, etc. At this time, we can insert manual page breaks. Then I will tell you how to do this in Microsoft Excel 2010.
Like you add date and time to your slides in Microsoft PowerPoint 2010, it is also pretty useful to add slide numbers or notes page numbers in PowerPoint 2010. The slide numbers will give you your process when you give presentation. And it will give your slides neater when you print the presentation. So let me tell you how to add slide numbers or notes page numbers in PowerPoint 2010.
We often use Excel to deal with large data and they may be quite similar in MS Excel documents. So sometimes, we need to compare them in order to deal data better. Well, there are several freewares to do this job. However, if you are Excel 2010 users, you can get a free add-in to do so not to download those softwares. The method is quite quick and easy.
Related Unresolved Questions