I just installed windows 7 in my computer for a few days,but I found that Windows 7 used up way too much of your drive space,I also want to use the system for a long time,ao I want to know how to make system restore use less drive space in windows 7.
Tweak System Restore Disk Usage
- Click "start" button,and then right click the "Computer"button,choose "Properties"
- Choose"System protection" in the left column.
- You will enter into the system protection,and you can click"System Restore"to create a restore point.
- Return the system protection,click on the drive you want to tweak in the list, and then click the "Configure" button.
- Turn off system protection entirely, delete all but the latest restore points, change it to only restore files,or drag the slider to use more or less space,and the click "OK".
Just Clean Up Old Restore Points
- Click "start" button,type in "disk cleanup",and then choose the "Disk cleanup" button.
- Wait for a minute.
- Click "Clean up system files"
- Enter into the screen,choose "More Options",and then click the both "Clean up" button.
All the old restore points should be gone, and you’ll likely have a lot more disk space.
Data protection is a growing cause of concern for more and more people today. Virus attacks or other troubles will damage your system as well as lose your personal data. If your computer encountered such disasters and even cannot boot into Windows, the best way to save the general situation from worsening is to recover system partition from backup archive. This guide will show you the way to Restore Windows system from network drive with Paragon Recovery Environment.
If you are a desktop support technician, you may want to create an OEM-like hot-key recovery solution for you customers, i.e. create your own factory image on a hidden
partition. Thus, the end users can recover their Windows system from virus or other damages quickly and conveniently. After creating the image, you can restore it at any time. This article will walk you through the steps to Restore your Windows system with PC System Recovery.
I am a secretary of a company, and I just install windows 7 system to my computer. I want to disable the system restore feature in order to save some disk space, but I know little about the new system, so I hope someone can tell me how to disable the system restore in windows 7.
Related Unresolved Questions