Are you worried about how to make the most efficient use of your available disk space? You want to enlarge the capacity of the partition with the file system FAT32?
What is Partition Genius?
Partition Genius tool can help you quickly and easily create partitions on your hard disk for storing valuable information such as data files, applications, and operating systems. Storing information in separate partitions helps you organize and protect your data, safely run multiple operating systems, and reclaim wasted disk space.
Partition Genius enables you to secure your data by physically separating it from other files. Separate partitions also make backups to networks and removable drives easy.
Get Spotmau PowerSuite 2009 Here.
- To begin, please double click Spotmau icon and enter PowerSuite 2009’s interface, follow these steps: Self Service —>PowerSuite 2009 Wincare—> Partition Genius, then you can have the interface looked just like the followed picture.
- The general condition of hard disk(s) (including capacity, free space, and so forth) will be shown on the interface in a list and a block area as above.
- You can select a designated volume by clicking it either in the list or in the block area.
- The functions button on the top of interface is also listed in the pop-up menu when you right click the designated volume in the block area.
- Please right click the designated partition in the block area and choose the item of “Resize Cluster…”.
- Before you continuing the operation, a dialog will pop up and recommend you to check the partition.
- After the checking is done, you will see a “Resize Cluster Size” dialog, where the current cluster size is displayed. And you can specify new cluster size. (Tips: As for the FAT32, the default cluster size is 8K, which is recommended to you.（In the case of NTFS，the default cluster size is 4K.） you shall not resize it if you are not familiar with the principle of cluster size. The change of cluster size may bring you data loss or other troubles.)
- After setting the intended cluster size, please click OK, and wait for a few seconds.
- When the following picture is shown, the resizing finishes.
If you want to learn more about partition, you can turn to Spotmau PowerSuite 2009's User Manual where you can find detail and useful information related to partition, such as the type of partition, file system, and so on.
I want to change disk cluster size,how should do?Use a 3rd software?
File systems use clusters as well as sectors to organize data. Cluster is the smallest amount of disk space that can be allocated to hold a file; the smaller the cluster size, the more efficiently a disk stores information. Improper configurations of cluster size may cause waste of space or large amounts defragmentation. This guide will help you Change Partition Cluster Size with Acronis Disk Director.
File systems use clusters as well as sectors to organize data. Cluster is the smallest amount of disk space that can be allocated to hold a file; the smaller the cluster size, the more efficiently a disk stores information. Improper configurations of cluster size may cause waste of space or large amounts defragmentation. This guide will help you Change Partition Cluster Size with Paragon Hard Disk Manager.
Related Unresolved Questions