Archiving your music CDs as backups can be important if your CD is scratched or lost. You are about to begin a huge project to rip all your CD's to hard disc for future. 'Rip CD to FLAC' will be best choice for FLAC is an excellent lossless audio format.
- To rip CD to FLAC, you need two free tools: CDex and FLAC. Please download and install FLAC firstly. Then install CDex.
- Run CDex and this is the main interface.
- Go to main menu "Options>>Settings".
Switch to "Encoder" tab.
- From the "Encoder" drop-down menu, select "FLAC Encoder DLL".
"Encoder" tab will turn to interface as below.
Please enable "On the fly Encoding" option.
- Come to "Compression level setting" drop-down menu to set compression level.
"compression-level 0" is the fastest compression and "compression-level 8" is the highest compression. And "compression-level 5" is the recommended.
- Click "OK" button to return to CDex main interface and select your CD drive.
- Now click "Extract CD track(s) to Compressed Audio File(s)" to start rip your CD.
You can also select part of your CD tracks to rip.
- This is the extracting process.
- After it is finished, you could browse to C:\Documents and Settings\Your Current Account\My Documents\My Music\MP3 to check the output FLAC files.
I got a CD, the music is so great that I would like to listen it all the time. Use CD-ROM is too troublesome, I want Rip them to my computer. I know Easy CD-DA Extractor can do this, so how to Rip CD with Easy CD-DA Extractor?
I have purchased a new DVD writer to help me burn CD, VCD and DVDs. My friend suggest me install CDBurnerXP for disc burning. I want to know how to Burn Flac music files to CD for free?
You're trying to use iTunes to copy your music CDs into MP3 or other formats so you can transfer songs to both your iPod and Sony PSP. So how to '''rip CD with iTunes'''?
Related Unresolved Questions