Always, someone likes to install various popular browsers, and then uninstall them. So, the question is how to uninstall Opera?
- Before your uninstallation, make sure Opera is not running.
- Reset IE as your default web browser. If you’ve once set Opera as your default web browser, you could reset IE as the default one. You can run Opera>”Tools”>”Preferences”, and then switch the tab “Advanced”>”Programs”. Uncheck the option “Check if Opera is default browser on startup”, and then press the button “Details”.
cancel Opera as the default browser
- Uncheck the options “http” and “https” protocols which are handled by Opera if you set Opera as your default web browser. Press “Ok” and close the dialogue box.
Uncheck some options
- Click the Start button and select “Control Panel” from the Start menu.
Remove through the Start menu
- Double-Click the “Add or Remove Programs “icon. A dialogue box pops up which contains programs installed currently.
- Select Opera 10 and click the button “Remove”.
Remove Opera through control panel
- A new dialogue box pops up to confirm whether to remove Opera 10 or not. Click the button “Yes” to complete the uninstallation.
- Remove the installation directory of Opera. Go to the directory \Program Files\Opera and delete it.
- Remove all setup files for Opera. Access to the directory C:\Documents and Settings\ [YOUR USERNAME] \Local Settings\Application Data\ Opera and C:\Documents and Settings\ [YOUR USERNAME] \Application Data\Opera in XP, just delete these folders.
- Find and remove related registry entries. Use the Windows system registry editor, through “Start”>”Run”>”Regedit”. Or you can use some tools like RegCleaner. Search the registry entry “Opera”, always there are many entries to be found. Remove all related registry entries you’ve found. Reboot if required. Then you’ve completely removed Opera.
Do you want to uninstall programs that are unnecessary safely and conveniently? When you install software in your PCs, it will, most of the cases, has its own uninstall programs that enable you to uninstall it conveniently. In this case, you can use Standard Uninstall to achieve it.
I bookmarked some pages in Opera browser, and now I want to import these bookmarks from Opera to Firefox, is there an easy method?
When you are travelling with Opera. And want to say something after seeing a news in the twitter as soon as possible. Use these steps you can know how to use Twitter with Opera Widget. The Twitter Opera Widget is light and installs in a jiffy. It can be accessed from the Widgets menu on the Opera's toolbar.
Related Unresolved Questions