"I have an iPod.Syncing it could be a problem.I think using a great software to accomplish that will save me some time.I used iTunes.But I don't feel any good using it.I wanna try something new.My friends recommend me Songbird.I've no idea about it.Knowing how to do it means a lot to me."
- Launch your Songbird,and check if you have the iPod plugin.From the Songbird Tools menu choose Add-Ons.
If not,click on the Get Extensions link and search for "iPod Device Support".
Click Get Extensions
- Search "iPod Device Support". Click the Install button,and then restart the Songbird.
Install iPod Device Support
- When Songbird launches, if you've previously used your iPod with iTunes, it will ask you if you want to change the library over to Songbird. Click Yes.
- Open the Songbird preferences and select the iPod tab. Decide how you want Songbird to update your iPod (update all songs and playlists, only certain playlists, or manually).
- Drag some songs from your library to your iPod (listed in the left column of Songbird). You should see a small status indicator displaying the uploads in progress (bottom left corner of Songbird).
- Select your iPod and confirm that the tracks were successfully uploaded.
- So now your synchron is done.
- Songbird works ideally in an environment where iTunes isn’t even installed.
- If you have iTunes, the next time you open it and your iPod is connected, it will probably ask if you want to erase the new library and sync with iTunes. Click Cancel if you want to continue using Songbird as your iPod manager.
Usually,iPod owners are restricted with iTunes, and they have to choose iTunes to manage their iPods.
Songbird is an open-source media player and web browser. It is one of the first open-source media players and it was the first open-source media player to integrate web access. Another popular feature is Songbirds ability to serve not just as a media player, but as a media manager for an iPod. This eliminates the need to use iTunes if you have already chosen Songbird as your media player.
Knowing how to use Foobar2000 to manage your iPod means bring you a perfect experience. Like removing from iPod, sending to iPod, syncing iPod, you could largely save your time. Use the following steps you'll then be able to manage iPod with Foobar2000.
Related Unresolved Questions