Flare tool creates lens flare or solar-flare-like effects in Illustrator. You can apply a lens flare with it very quickly. Here are some tips about how to use flare tool. Please follow my steps.
- Draw a rectangle on your Layer 1, and fill it with black, then lock it. Creat a new layer by click this button .
- Work on layer 2, click Flare Tool from toolbar.
- Double click on Flare Tool button to open the Flare Tool Options dialog box.
I adjust my settings as the image below, then click OK.
- Click and drag to create the center of the flare, press up and down arrows to increase and decrease the number of rays.
- Click and drag again to determine the direction of the lens flare, press up and down arrows to add and remove the number of rings.
- Here I've finished my lens flare.
I am a beginner with illustrator and I want to know more about some useful tools, I heard a tool called "live trace" tool, it could let me completely convert photographs and other raster graphics into Vector graphics. Any help is appreciated.
Knife tool is used to cut paths off from the original shape in Illustrator, it's also a selection tool like lasso tool. Now I will give you some instructions about how to use the knife tool in Illustrator.
When you are editing an object in Illustrator, you may want to distort or reshape it, that will make your object more attractive. Following this tutorial you will know how to use envelope tool to do this job easily all by yourself.
Related Unresolved Questions